End of a Journey — Current Team + Captain Shaun
FROM THE CURRENT MOONPIRATE TEAM:
Hello mateys !
We have all sat and spoken about this decision at length and we have decided that we cannot continue with the MoonPirate Project and we need to put a close on this chapter and end this today.
Many of us have done our best to try and keep this going however our efforts have failed. We have suffered huge reputation damage and this is one of the main reasons for this decision.
We want every investor to understand that we are also in the same situation as you, many of us have invested a lot in this project and made huge losses so please do not think that we have come to this decision lightly or that we are walking away in profit.
The final nail in the coffin was that Nok reached out to us today, saying that he’s decided to end the partnership with Moonpirate due to everything that has happened.
We would like to thank the community that believed in this project and supported us all the way until the end. It’s been very hard especially with recent events but you guys showed us that you are strong and resilient.
We have been through a crazy journey together and we have had some good successes with launching the first crypto beer and energy drinks etc.
Unfortunately this BSC crypto space is like the Wild West right now and there are a lot of people that take advantage of this to benefit themselves. Please do not downplay the fact that we tried to make this work for the investors in this community.
Once again thank you all for being here, we really do appreciate you.
Luckily Captain Shaun didn’t transfer the donation wallet to Chris and instead transferred this to @TG_0xCrypto, as per the bottom of his farewell medium article. Anyone who donated to this wallet for the bitmart listing will be REFUNDED IN FULL.
Lastly, we (current team) have decided we will try and create a new project which could potentially help recoup some losses in the future. We asked Captain but he does not wish to be involved. @alecsaSsssss “may” reach out with details in the coming week.
Once again thanks for being here, we really do appreciate it.
Stay safe everyone and all the best.
Current MP Team.
FROM CAPTAIN SHAUN:
Captain here. I thought I might share one final message too.
I’ve already shared my thoughts and feelings in a farewell message but now that the current team has come to this conclusion, I thought I would share a few closing thoughts.
1. Thank you to everyone. Especially to those who have sent me so many kind messages and support over telegram and twitter…it’s greatly appreciated and I thank you for being on this up and down journey that we experienced.
2. MoonPirate was NEVER EVER a scam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We tried absolutely everything to make this work. Literally blood, sweat and tears were put into this. Unfortunately time was our main enemy. Beer, rum and energy drinks all take time and on BSC “most” people want quick profits. And that’s exactly what people did who managed to buy in quite early. Then these same people, who offered nothing to a community run project at all, move onto the next project and try and find another quick win. It’s disappointing but it’s what BSC is today. There is always going to be the odd project here and there which breaks the mould, and MoonPirate managed to break the mould for quite a while, but ultimately we just couldn’t sustain it. To those who are sending hurtful messages and spreading hate about team members (including myself) being scammers, honestly take a long hard look in the mirror. This was never a scam and if I wanted to have scammed, I wouldn’t have doxxed at all and sold my 5% at ATH and left. Screw that. MoonPirate was something we all wanted to work and I only ended up selling between 1% — 1.5% of my holdings and that was in small increments to reward myself for my hard work. People may not realise but I put in 5 figures of my own money towards MoonPirate (yes that is a fact)…$3000 MoonPirate party, $3000 exchanges, $2000 marketing, $1000 logo, $500 AR app, $2000 energy drinks and that’s not even all of it. I gave this everything I had and I’m sorry it wasn’t enough.
3. Were mistakes made? Absolutely. I wish I could do some things differently but there was so many challenges and roadblocks in our way. And we made some poor decisions as well. Of course we did a lot of brilliant stuff…our initial marketing was on point, we released an amazing beer, rap songs, anthems, energy drinks, augmented reality apps….we tried. The fact is most BSC coins offer “rewards” or “reflections” and nothing else, so we certainly tried to push the boundaries as far as we could. I said this in my farewell article and perhaps people will disagree with me, but I don’t think projects with real ambition and long term goals are suited for BSC…something I’ve learnt along the way. It’s all about memecoins/shitcoins and that’s just the space it has become. As a result coins pump and dump and it doesn’t matter how good a project or idea you have, people are going to take profits and leave. It sucks but it is what it is.
4. MoonPirate was my last project and I gave it all I had. I said that from the very start and nothing has changed. Personally I am done with BSC for good and think I’ll stick to stable coins from now on. There is money to be made in shitcoins but it’s simply too volatile, too much of a gamble and it’s really akin to putting on a sports bet.
5. MoonPirate had great plans for the future. Catchment Brewery were amazing and I thank them so much. What people don’t realise is that they are expanding and MoonPirate Tropical IPA was going to get canned and potentially be stocked in bottle shops with $10 per carton going back to the project. Unfortunately it hasn’t worked out which is a real shame but Matt and the team are real legends and they’ll go down as creating the first crypto beer that I’m aware of.
6. Nok was real and I urge everyone to keep following them. Nick reached out to the existing MoonPirate team apparently and also reached out to me. You can’t blame them for pulling out. Their recipe is still due for approval very soon and their rum should still be available in October. They are submitting a new label to move away from MoonPirate but the rum will still be the same. Their distillery is in Laguna Beach so follow them on their socials. With MP, NOK were going to take all profits in phase 1 and future phases would be evaluated. Again this would have taken so much time and patience and not sure if that’s something people would have had.
7. To Chris, you’re a pathetic human being. You gave so much time and dedication to MoonPirate with the coins and both Grizzly and myself thought you could be 100% trusted. No idea if you have a second account in here but you need to take a long hard look in the mirror at yourself. Absolutely pathetic.
8. I wish everyone the best of luck with everything. Please stay safe in the crypto space and NEVER invest more than you’re willing to lose. To those who made money on MoonPirate, well done and hopefully you don’t lose this on other BSC coins, which seems to be the norm now of being “rugged” in 10 minutes post launch. To those who lost money, we apologize but that’s crypto…there is always a peak (for all coins) and it can be tough to judge if tokens will go up and down. I will say one last thing and I do strongly believe the Crypto crash came at the worst possible timing for MoonPirate. We were on a roll and kicking goals and then the crash…it had a huge impact and was literally the worst possible timing for us, and we found it very difficult to recover. Not making excuses but crashes do happen so keep that in the back of your mind.
9. This TG will remain muted and will remain that way for another week or so to give everyone a chance to read the current team’s message/decision. At that point this group will be deleted. They mentioned something about a new project (which I have zero involvement in!!) so if @alecsaSsssss and co wish to share anything on that, that’s up to her. I also suggested to the team that the existing donation wallet be refunded in full, so I’m glad they have made that decision as well.
All the best.